The Advantages of Leasing
While quite a few drivers have at least heard of a lease, we have found that many of the new car shoppers who visit Fisher Kia don’t realize all of the advantages that come with leasing. We want to make sure you have the knowledge you need to make the right decision when financing your new vehicle.
Benefits of Leasing a New Car
Leasing has a variety of benefits, and these are just some of the most popular ones among our drivers:
- Lower Monthly Payments: When you lease a vehicle, you only pay for the depreciation over time, and that results in a monthly payment that is often much lower than if you financed to own.
- Monthly Sales Tax: Loans add the sales tax on top, letting it gain interest as you go, but a lease has it spread out over the length of the leasing agreement.
- Guaranteed End-of-Lease Options: You don’t have to worry about what you’re going to do when your lease is up; the options are all laid out for you in your agreement.
- Don’t Worry About Trade-in Value: The cost of your vehicle is set, so you know how much it will cost to buy when the terms are over – and if you choose not to buy, you could apply any equity toward your next lease.
- Warranty Coverage: The terms of a lease mean that it is almost always covered by the full vehicle warranty, meaning no unexpected repair costs.
Your End-of-Lease Options
There are three main end-of-lease options available to you:
- Lease a new car
- Purchase your car
- Turn in your car
If you decide not to lease a new car or purchase your leased car, you can simply turn in your vehicle and decide if you want to buy a new or used car or simply go without a car. Drivers who haven’t put a lot of mileage on their cars and end up with a positive equity in the vehicle often choose to buy and then re-sell the vehicle for a profit.
Why Lease if I Can Pay Upfront?
We think every driver will be happy behind the wheel of a brand new Kia, but wouldn’t you like the peace of mind that comes with having a trial ownership period? New car buyers can look at a lease as a chance to get used to the car and be sure it’s right for them before committing to it. It’s also a great way for a growing family to avoid committing to a car that’s too small for that second or third kid.
Learn More at Fisher Kia
It can be tough to decide how to pay for a new car, and we want to answer any questions you may have. Contact us online or by phone at (303) 245-6418 with any financing or leasing questions, or speak with a member of our team in person at 6025 Arapahoe Rd in Boulder.